• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vesimir

Quill of England
64 Badges
Oct 1, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
First WC ever as far as I know.

The world -

V2_MAP_ENG_18741219_1.jpg

My diplomacy screen -
V2_1.jpg

Now let's just hope I manage to colonise everything left in the 50 years I have left.

Wow, you actually did it! Wonderful!

Cecil Rhodes would be proud.

In his first will, of 1877, (before he had accumulated his wealth), Rhodes wanted to create a secret society that would bring the whole world under British rule. The exact wording from this will is:

To and for the establishment, promotion and development of a Secret Society, the true aim and object whereof shall be for the extension of British rule throughout the world, the perfecting of a system of emigration from the United Kingdom, and of colonisation by British subjects of all lands where the means of livelihood are attainable by energy, labour and enterprise, and especially the occupation by British settlers of the entire Continent of Africa, the Holy Land, the Valley of the Euphrates, the Islands of Cyprus and Candia, the whole of South America, the Islands of the Pacific not heretofore possessed by Great Britain, the whole of the Malay Archipelago, the seaboard of China and Japan, the ultimate recovery of the United States of America as an integral part of the British Empire, the inauguration of a system of Colonial representation in the Imperial Parliament which may tend to weld together the disjointed members of the Empire and, finally, the foundation of so great a Power as to render wars impossible, and promote the best interests of humanity.

So this is what you meant when you said Christina was going to secure her position!

World conquest in 38 years? How did you get that many diplomacy points? Your prestige looks awfully low for that much fighting too. Did you find some way of turbo annexing civilized countries that I don't know about? :confused:

World conquest in 38 years? How did you get that many diplomacy points? Your prestige looks awfully low for that much fighting too. Did you find some way of turbo annexing civilized countries that I don't know about? :confused:

Looks like a lot of truce-breaking to me, that lowers prestige but sure speeds up conquest, I guess.

Cool with a WC anyway, though the UK is of course by far the easiest nation to do that with, especially with Indian manpower.

Looks like a lot of truce-breaking to me, that lowers prestige but sure speeds up conquest, I guess.

Cool with a WC anyway, though the UK is of course by far the easiest nation to do that with, especially with Indian manpower.

I don't think the problem would be waiting for truces to expire. You can get 10 to 15 regions in a war. The problem is that you only get 5 diplomacy points a year and there are close to 130 regions just in Europe alone. Is there a way to annex large countries without having to ask for each region? I know how to do it with uncivilized countries.

I don't think the problem would be waiting for truces to expire. You can get 10 to 15 regions in a war. The problem is that you only get 5 diplomacy points a year and there are close to 130 regions just in Europe alone. Is there a way to annex large countries without having to ask for each region? I know how to do it with uncivilized countries.

Not for civilized nations AFAIK.

1. Waiting for Italy and Germany to unify before attacking them helps. It saves diplomatic points because of all the Prussian Hannovers, French Provences, etc.

So a little luck like, France going historical on Italy, uniting Provence and Italy helps.

2. I've spent only one dp on all uncivs in the game. They were annexed by either the conquest or establish protectorate cb.

3. All of my diplomatic points were used on the cbs mentioned above + acquire state + place in the sun.

4. I've been at a state of constant war from pretty much the beginning of the game which started with dows all over Asia and the Americas. After I occupied them it was just waiting for diplo points.

5. There's also the possibility that I developed a bug of some sorts as on comparison, in my US game I seem to get less diplomatic points.

6. Yes, I'm playing Vanilla 1.1 just like it came from Gamersgate.

7. I will post the Politics screen, the Pops screen, my badboy and all that after I finish the WC.

8. A question from me - Is it in any way possible to colonise that province in Africa with 3 life rating? I want to make absolutely sure cause it would be pretty stupid if it became available in 1930 and I would miss it...

9. About India, I had lots of luck because Panjab went on an "Let's Unite India!" quest early in game, taking those damned nations from me.

Wow, great accomplishment being the first. :) Here's hoping you can get the colonization sorted out.

Judging by AARs, WC isn't exactly easy in this game - can't say much myself of course as I'm still waiting to buy it :(

Hmm, maybe England has a decision that gives them more diplomatic points? I am doing a world conquest with France and I am always waiting on diplomatic points so I can take some more land.

Anyway that one province with the 3 life rating appears to be bugged.

Very impressive, would like you to post a more detailed description though. :)

8. A question from me - Is it in any way possible to colonise that province in Africa with 3 life rating? I want to make absolutely sure cause it would be pretty stupid if it became available in 1930 and I would miss it...

That is a bug. The minimum life rating is 15, which it should be. There are couple of other provinces with the same bug, especially in the OE (but already populated).

You must edit it via your save game now, and to fix it for future games go to the province's history file and add an empty space (or line, can't remember) behind the life rating.

Hmm, maybe England has a decision that gives them more diplomatic points? I am doing a world conquest with France and I am always waiting on diplomatic points so I can take some more land.

It's not possible to get a WC without running out of and eventually waiting for diplomatic points. And the UK doesn't have any decisions that give you extra dps but there is a tech that gives you a +20% to dp generation.

Don't have any idea what it is though.

Also, Do you consider editing the files to make that prov in Africa colonisable fair?

Also, Do you consider editing the files to make that prov in Africa colonisable fair?

Of course, it's fixing a bug. Otherwise you'll end up having an empty province there as there's no way you can ever colonise it.

It's not possible to get a WC without running out of and eventually waiting for diplomatic points. And the UK doesn't have any decisions that give you extra dps but there is a tech that gives you a +20% to dp generation.

What do you mean by this? +20% isn't much of a help. You get .4 diplomatic points a month. .4 * 1.2 = .08 month = less than 1 a year.

I am also trying to conquer the world as France and:

I have no diplomatic points
I can't add war goals bc/ my jingoism isn't high enough
Adding war goals reduces your jingoism...by a lot.

I'd really like to see earlier screenshots.